How do I apply for Provincial Nominees Program (PNP)?
In one of earlier articles we discussed the fact that after you must have undergone a selection factor assessment to determine your eligibility for the Federal Skill worker’s Programme, you’ll be expected to garner a minimum score of 67 points or higher in order to be qualified to submit your profile to the Express Entry Pool where you are graded on the comprehensive ranking system (CRS). Read the article here.
However, it is still possible to apply through the PNP even if you’re found wanton in term of your CRS score. There are many projects that go under PNP and one can without much trouble document their application under the most appropriate programme. To do this, the applicant is expected to follow the following procedures:
- The candidate must apply to the region of choice for a designation. Each area has its own specific arrangement of standards that can be changed with no earlier notice.
- Once the province designates you after appropriate assessment, the applicant can apply to CIC for a Permanent Resident visa.
- The applicant can apply for PNP Express Entry, SINP, Quebec PNP, Ontario PNP class and so forth for a successful Immigration
Below are the various provincial programmes you can apply for:
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
- Saskatchewan PNP
- Quebec Skilled Workers Program
- Nova Scotia PNP
For this to happen, a province or territory must nominate you through an Express Entry stream, it will be listed on your nomination certificate. You can confirm this with the province or territory.
There are two ways you can apply:
- You contact the province or territory and apply for a nomination under their Express Entry stream.
- If the province or territory agrees to nominate you, you create an Express Entry profile (or update your profile if you already have one) and show you have been nominated.
- You get a nomination through your account, which you accept electronically.
On the alternative,
- You can create an Express Entry profile and show the provinces and territories you are interested in.
- If a province or territory sends you a “notification of interest” to your account, you contact them directly.
- You apply to their Express Entry stream.
- If you are nominated, they will offer it to you through your account, and you accept it electronically.
In both cases, you will need to create an Express Entry profile during the process, so it’s advised you should do it right from the start.